Hair loss is an extremely common condition among men and women. So common that scientists and medical professionals are putting all efforts towards effective hair loss procedures to help combat thinning hair.
With all the advancements in medicine and technology, it is thankfully a condition where you have several treatment options to choose from.
No one fancies the thought of going bald because frankly, our hair has a significant impact on our overall personality. Some people may accept it gracefully, but the majority end up losing their self-confidence. If we look at the U.S’s stats alone, approximately eighty million adults suffer from androgenetic alopecia, the most common form of hair loss.
Several treatments have proved effective in treating this natural occurrence, and we are going to discuss the most popular ones in this article.
Hair Loss Procedures and Treatment Options
1.) Laser Treatment
Over the past recent years, laser treatments have been quite a popular procedure for hair loss. This therapy can also be abbreviated as LLLT. Many have noted tremendously satisfying results, and people are vastly settling for this option.
Laser caps are one of the most popular medical devices that use laser therapy treatment to stimulate and regrow the hair follicles on the scalp. Kiierr’s laser caps for hair growth are equipped with 272 medical grade laser diodes that emit the LLLT on to the scalp tissue.
- Works as an excellent supplement of additional hair procedures
- Is non-invasive and convenient
- FDA-cleared medical device
- You can easily conduct laser hair therapy at home.
- The unit is completely portable, allowing you to complete your treatment wherever and whenever you want.
- Laser caps for hair loss reduce your dependency on alternative remedies, including steroids and topical treatments.
- Laser caps can be used in conjunction with other topical treatments.
- Laser caps improve the strength and thickness of your existing strands. It strengthens your hair follicles and makes them healthier overall.
- Some may think it is expensive
- May not work for everyone
The Kiierr laser caps are one of the most affordable laser caps on the market today. They range anywhere from $595 and $1,395 depending on which cap you want to purchase. The varying price has to do with the amount of laser diodes they contain as well as the size head that the cap fits.
Hair growth supplements contain natural ingredients, such as zinc, B vitamins, and biotin, which strengthen the existing strands and encourage the growth of new ones. Experts believe that the B vitamin Biotin is an essential element for improving our hair’s protein structure.
Supplements do not have to be in a pill form that you ingest. They can also be shampoos and conditioners that contain these vitamins and nutrients that help keep your hair healthy.
Kiierr offers four different supplement options to help give your hair the best chance to live when paired with your laser cap treatment. These include DHT Blocking Vitamins, DHT Blocking Shampoo, Kiierr Growth Conditioner and Biotin Gummies.
- Professionals recommend taking biotin as a supplement, especially for those who suffer from biotin deficiency
- It helps in fighting off diseases and regulating the healthy functioning of your body
- Products beneficial chemicals in your body
- Easily accessible and convenient to use
- Promotes healthy growth of hair
- Biotin is not effective for everyone
- Other medications may lose their efficacy due to the supplement
- There can be potential side effects
- It may trigger a need to take higher doses for increased satisfaction
- Can cause allergies
3.) Hair Transplant
In this hair loss treatment, medical professionals relocate your hair-bearing donor areas to those portions of your scalp where you are balding. The donor portions have active, hair-growing follicles and can later fill in your balding spots with new growth. Many individuals have found this treatment quite successful.
- You may not need any alternative treatments or follow-ups, once the hair transplant completes. The implanted hair should continue to grow throughout its lifecycle.
- This procedure usually only requires local anesthesia for the procedure, so it is known as a safer treatment option. Medical professionals state that if you have not taken any graft treatments before the transplant, you may face a lower risk of complications.
- Transplant mimics the original hair. Since you are not only the recipient but also the donor, the hair will be completely natural. This treatment uses only those grafts that hold a few hairs. The medical experts go about strategically placing the grafts to recreate a natural head of hair for you.
- Scientifically, a hair transplant is a very advantageous procedure because it ensures uniformity in hair growth. The technique assures no changes in the overall follicular distribution.
- Hair transplant poses minor risks of infection and, in extreme cases hemorrhaging (very rarely though). However, if you strictly follow your doctor’s instructions, there should be no complications.
- It is also possible for other areas of your scalp to experience thinning after the first procedure, leading to another transplant.
- There are also possibilities that you will lose your old hairline with the transplant. The procedure positions the hair transplant somewhere between your new hairline and your existing one.
- Scarring is a prime disadvantage of this procedure. The surgery tends to leave minor scars behind, which are otherwise unnoticeable on some follicular insertion site areas. However, if you do opt to shave your head at some later point in life, the scars can be visible. In sporadic cases, the scars may never heal properly.
- Most people can return to work three days post the surgery, but the recovery process itself can be challenging. You can likely experience considerable pain, bruising, and swelling.
The hair transplant surgery may cost between $4,000 and $15,000, and the price does tend to vary.
4.) PRP For Hair Loss
A dermatologist administers a PRP injection (platelet-rich-plasma) which employs the plasma in your blood to induce hair growth. Your blood plasma in this treatment can address the hair thinning areas on the brows or scalp.
Studies suggest that PRP treatments are indeed beneficial for hair growth. The dermatologist isolates the plasma after drawing your blood, after which he/she injects into the balding areas. This process repairs your blood vessels, promotes new cells’ growth and maximizes your natural hair growth cycle.
- This therapy is autologous since the plasma comes from your own body. Therefore, the injection carries fewer risks and is more natural.
- You are not vulnerable to communicable diseases in this treatment.
You may not be at risk of communicable diseases, but injection therapies can cause the following:
- Scar tissue
- Injection points may calcify
- Nerves and blood vessels may face injury
The initial three treatments may cost you between $1,500 to $3,500, with each injection around $400 or above. However, the pricing may vary depending on your geographic location, additional nutritive components, and equipment quality.
Laser therapy and laser caps are the most convenient, effective, and affordable hair loss procedures available on the market today. Compared with other treatments, this hair loss treatment provides the most effective results with the least amount of pain, invasiveness, and side effects.
This in depth guide should shine some light on each of these procedures so that you are more familiar with them and also the price of each. Get started on your hair growth journey today!
Read more about Laser Hair Growth Treatment, to learn more about how and why it works for hair growth!
Hair Loss Procedure FAQs
What is the latest treatment for hair loss/
One of the newer and most respected treatments for hair loss is laser light therapy. This treatment stimulates the hair follicles promoting new and healthy hair growth on the scalp.
Do hair transplants really work?
It depends on the person but hair transplants can be successful. Keep in mind the possible side effects that may occur post procedure.
Is there a real treatment for hair loss?
Yes. Laser caps are a real, FDA-cleared and clinically proven treatment for hair loss. There are no known side effects.
Can genetic hair loss be treated?
Yes, genetic hair loss can be treated with low level light therapy and laser caps. Hair growth results can be seen in as little as 4-months.