Losing one’s hair is not a feasible concept to come to terms with. Whether your head is completely hairless, or you are just starting to notice your hair thinning, it is a scary feeling. No one likes to see hair coming out in clumps on their brush or in the shower. I also know that most people do not like staring at a bald head in the mirror.
Luckily, humans are blessed with the most advanced technology of all time in 2020. This means that there are numerous hair loss treatments that can be put to use to combat hair thinning/hair loss. One in particular is the technology of laser hair growth treatment. This therapy can be done in clinics or at home through hair growth devices.
In this article you will become more aware with what laser hair growth treatment is, and how and why it works to regrow hair on the scalps of men and women.
What is Laser Light Therapy Treatment?
Low Level Laser (Light) Therapy can also be abbreviated by the acronym LLLT. It refers to a therapy that uses laser or light energy below a specific energy threshold and within a specific wavelength to stimulate skin tissue. Laser light therapy stimulates the re-entrance of the anagen phase in hair follicles that are currently in the telogen phase.
Light sources used for low level laser (light) therapy may include laser and LED devices. Laser devices used for LLLT are also referred to as cold lasers because they do not actually produce heat. This means that they are a non-invasive treatment.
The scientific concept for low level laser (light) therapy treatment is that light emitted from the laser stimulates the growth of hair and reduces hair loss. This process, called photo-biotherapy, occurs when laser light is absorbed by cells and stimulates their metabolism and protein synthesis.
How Does it Work?
Laser therapy treatment has been around since the 1960’s and has successfully been put to use in the medical industry. It is to no surprise that the hair growth industry adopted this treatment practice after numerous clinical studies showing hair regrowth. Below you will learn how this technology works to regrow hair on the scalp.
- Stimulates Skin Tissue- The lasers emit low light therapy to the skin’s tissue on the scalp. When this happens, blood is stimulated and begins to circulate throughout the head. Blood flow circulation results in cell regeneration in the problematic (thinning) areas of the hair.
- Cell Absorption and Protein Synthesis- When the light energy penetrates the skin, the cells absorb the light and the weakened cells on the scalp. This rejuvenates the scalp and allows for new hair growth.
- Regenerates Hair Follicle Cells- When the hair follicle cells are regenerated, the hair is “brought back to life” from the dormant (telogen) stage of the hair growth cycle.
To put this technology in perspective, you can think of the life of a plant. A plant needs healthy soil, proper nutrients, and sunlight to grow. Similarly, your hair needs a healthy scalp and proper nutrients to grow. This laser light therapy is behind this phenomenon! The treatment penetrates the skin tissue and stimulates blood flow. This in turn allows the scalp to receive the proper nutrients and oxygen from this flowing blood. The weakened and dead hair follicle cells are absorbed through the light energy, and new hair follicles begin to grow.
Why it Works
Now that you have the background on how laser light therapy works, we can discuss why it works so well.
- Laser Diodes- Kiierr uses medical grade laser diodes in their caps. These are the most efficient and effective means of releasing LLLT energy. Studies performed have confirmed that laser diodes produce better results than LEDs.
- 30-Minute Treatment Times- Kiierr laser hair growth caps have a treatment time of 30-minutes per session. This is the ideal treatment time to accompany our pulsating laser diodes. It is not recommended to use longer than 30-minutes per day.
- Every Other Day Use- Treatment is done every other day. Your scalp needs a day of rest in between to respond efficiently to the laser light therapy.
- Pulsating Lasers- Kiierr’s caps use pulsating lasers, meaning that they flash on and off throughout the 30-minute treatment time. Research (like this study) has shown that pulsating lasers are more effective in producing hair growth results than the constant laser light. When the pulsating lights follow ‘on’ times with ‘off’ times, there is less tissue heating to the scalp area. This allows pulsating lasers to deliver the low level laser (light) therapy treatment to deeper tissues of the scalp. With the light therapy penetrating deeper into the tissue, it allows more stimulation and growth opportunities to the hair follicles.
- Full Scalp Coverage- Kiierr laser caps provide full scalp coverage. This assures you that all problematic, thinning areas will be covered and receiving the proper treatment to stimulate growth.
Each of these characteristics above provide you with the best possible treatment to regrow and support a healthy head of hair.
Is This Treatment Safe?
LLLT treatment is very safe. It is a non-invasive procedure that allows individuals to get proper therapy without undergoing surgery or using harmful chemicals. Specifically, laser caps for hair growth are an FDA-cleared device allowing the customer to use these products with full confidence that they are safe and effective.
Can It Work for You?
If you are a male or female with hair that is at least 18 years of age, laser hair growth treatment can work for you. The reason I stress the importance of having hair is because this treatment is not recommended for individuals who are completely bald. If you have peach fuzz or very fine short hair, treatment is recommended. Even if you have long hair, this can work for you! This treatment therapy is intended to help hair grow stronger, thicker, and healthier.
The best thing about Kiierr is that you have nothing to lose. We offer a 7-month money back growth guarantee if you do not see results from when you first started using the device. To put this treatment into perspective and to see results of other customers, check out our laser cap for hair growth reviews page.
LLLT is a phenomenal treatment option available in the hair growth industry today. You have learned that without a healthy scalp and the proper blood flow and nutrients, there will be a deficiency in healthy hair growth. This therapy can help get your scalp healthy and working properly to support healthy hair. This of course is in conjunction with every other day 30-minute treatment using the full scalp coverage caps containing medical grade pulsating laser diodes.
Now that you know what laser hair growth treatment is and how and why it works, do you have any other questions or concerns? Let us know below. If not, check out our next article discussing, “Is there really a hat that grows hair?”.
Laser Hair Growth Treatment FAQs
Do lasers really grow hair?
Yes. Medical grade laser diodes placed within laser caps are FDA-cleared to effectively grow hair on the scalps of men and women.
How much is laser treatment for hair growth?
FDA-cleared laser caps start at an affordable price of $595 for laser treatment at home. If you choose to do with treatment in a clinic you are looking at a much more expensive overall cost.
Does laser therapy stop hair loss?
Yes. Laser therapy combats hair loss in men and women by using LLLT treatment to the scalp tissue. This treatment method is clinically proven to effectively and safely regrow hair.
How long does laser hair therapy take to work?
This will vary from person to person. Typically users will see noticeable hair growth within 4-6 months of using LLLT treatment.