Although laser hair treatments usually sound like they’re trying to get rid of the hair, and definitely sound like something out of Star Trek, the truth is that laser hair growth solutions aren’t just here, but they’re also super effective. They’ve overturned the hair restoration community–a group that has too long relied on creams and shampoos that are old technology.
Table of Contents
- 1 Why Do People Lose Their Hair?
- 2 What is Laser Hair Growth?
- 3 How Does Laser Hair Growth Work?
- 4 What is a Laser Hair Growth Treatment Like?
- 5 Why Do People Choose Laser Hair Growth Therapy?
- 6 What Maintenance Do I Have to Do In-between Sessions?
- 7 What is Laser Hair Growth FAQs
- 8 Do lasers really regrow hair?
- 9 What is laser hair restoration?
- 10 How long does hair grow after laser?
Why Do People Lose Their Hair?
People lose their hair for lots of reasons, and everyone’s situation is a little unique. Even the healthiest person loses about 100 strands of hair a day–they just grow them back. So what causes hair loss? There are certain risk factors that make it harder to get back to that luscious head of hair you want.
- Age. This doesn’t even have to be old age. Some people start losing hair in childhood, some in their teens. Some are completely bald by the time they’re 25. It can be reversible, but genetics plays a big factor.
- Medical conditions. There are some medical conditions that will make you lose your hair, and it’s a crapshoot as to whether these therapies will help you out of it. Some of them are possible, such as a simple pattern baldness, which can be relatively easily cured. Others not so much.
- Side effects of medical conditions: think chemotherapy. You can coat a head in minoxidil all you like and zap it with every laser, but the hair regrowth will be weak at best. Other conditions are similar.
- Poor nutrition. Prisoners–particularly prisoners of war–report that they lost clumps of their hair as they had to eat such poor food. Malnutrition can lead to a loss of important nutrients, and no amount of laser therapy will help until you get the food situation squared away. While you may not be eating prison food every day, you should take care to get all the nutrients you need for lush and healthy hair.
- Stress. Stress is a big factor in hair loss–going gray, receding hair line, thinning. This is a perfect opportunity for laser hair treatment to work (but you should also work on decreasing stress).
There are a lot of treatments available, from creams and shampoos to electrical stimulus to diet, but here are some good reasons why laser hair treatment is for you:
- Noninvasive. A laser doesn’t cut, it doesn’t burn, it doesn’t do anything other than send rays onto your scalp.
- Painless. Don’t think of a science-fiction laser. These lasers are more like lights.
- Treatment without Side Effects. There are virtually no side effects from laser hair restoration.
- Added Strength: Hair not only grows back, but it strengthens and thickens.
Learn More: The Best Diet for Hair Growth
Learn More: Does Stress Cause Hair Loss?
Alright, so now let’s get down to the nitty-gritty. What exactly is laser hair growth?
What is Laser Hair Growth?
Low-level Light Laser Therapy (LLLT) is growing rapidly as an alternative treatment for thinning or receding hair. The process works best in hair that’s dissipating: you’ll find much more response working on receding hair or thinning hair than you would on a bare scalp (though bare scalps aren’t a lost cause!).
People get scared at the sound of lasers, and they imagine the gun battles in Star Wars, but our lasers are nothing like that. Another term for our laser therapy is red-light therapy, which sounds much more reassuring. It’s a safe, non-invasive and clinically-tested treatment for hair loss to grow fuller hair with thicker follicles. The powerful clinical-strength laser devices treat hair loss, and alopecia (pattern baldness) in both men and women. Laser hair therapy is generally considered by the consensus of doctors as a safe and less-invasive procedure than hair transplants (and it looks better, too!)
Aside from our eyes, our skin is perhaps the most susceptible part of our body to light rays, but while you may get a sunburn from too much light, your body responds positively to near-infrared and red wavelengths. The mitochondrial chromophores present in our skin cells further absorb the photons.
Over the years, many experiments proved that LLLT has potential benefits, including the treatment of several medical conditions. These include stroke recovery, relief for joint pains, nerve regeneration, curing wounds and treating as well as offsetting mucositis.
Technological advancements further saw the birth of a range of LLLT home-use devices, emitting low levels of coherent monochromatic near-infrared light. Basically, that means you can take advantage of the same technologies used in doctors’ offices, but safely in the comfort of your own home. These have helped address several skin conditions as well as helping with hair growth.
How Does Laser Hair Growth Work?
The low-level lights send photons into the human tissue, which are absorbed by weaker cells to help them restore their strength. Once this happens, the cells can return to their normal functionality, once again regrowing hair. To help the new growth, and to maintain the growth of the surrounding, healthy hair, the laser treatments increase blood flow to the scalp. This is sometimes prescribed in addition to Minoxidil, a scientifically-proven hair loss treatment.
Results will vary from person to person–one may see hair growth almost immediately and it may be slow for another. A good rule of thumb is that you should see substantial results within 26 weeks (6 months).
Because consistency is the key, that’s the beauty of the Kiierr Laser Cap. You can wear it multiple times a week with no one noticing, and you don’t need to worry about scheduling in-office visits to see a nurse several times a week.
Don’t wait until your hair is gone before you decide it’s time to do something about it! The sooner you catch it, the sooner you’ll be on your way to repair. It’s easier to fix a damaged section of hair than to reverse a completely bald patch.
And remember that it doesn’t work for everyone. This product is designed particularly for those suffering from Androgenetic Alopecia–pattern baldness–and the therapy may work more specifically for those people. But have no fear! Kiierr’s products all come with a full money-back guarantee.
What is a Laser Hair Growth Treatment Like?
In a hair loss clinic, laser hair treatment is more like a medical procedure. An appointment must be made, which you then must to drive to, sit in a waiting room, pay a hefty bill, and repeat frequently. Patients spend dozens of hours just transporting themselves to and from appointments, and the bills can really start to add up.
With the Kiierr laser cap, you simply put on the hat, turn it on for the pre-set period of time, and then go about your day. You can be outside or inside, active or sedentary. The hat won’t mind what you’re up to, just as long as you’re wearing it. The whole process takes about thirty minutes, every other day.
Why Do People Choose Laser Hair Growth Therapy?
There are a number of reasons why laser hair therapy is chosen, but the biggest is because it’s the most scientifically advanced hair regrowth tool on the market.
Kiierr has already helped tens of thousands of people regrow their hair thicker and healthier than they have in years! To get an idea of how our laser treatment products have worked for others, feel free to check out our testimonials and reviews.
What Maintenance Do I Have to Do In-between Sessions?
Nothing! Just wash and brush your hair as normal between sessions. The Kiierr cap is made to be worn three to four times per week, in 30 minute increments, and our specialists can work with you to make sure you know when you need it on and when you should take it off.
Should you choose to supplement your laser hair growth treatments, there are some things you can do to help maintain and speed up the process. Check out some of the links below to learn more about Kiierr’s other hair growth products, and some really cool ways to tweak your routine to help support stronger, thicker, and healthier hair.
Kiierr Hair Growth Products to Support Your Laser Hair Growth Treatments:
Additional Information and Articles on How to Better Support Your Laser Hair Growth:
- Does Lack of Sleep Cause Hair Loss?
- Alcohol and Hair Loss: The Connection
- DIY Hair Growth – Remedies, Recipes, and Products
- The Essentials for Hair Growth: Best Products, Supplements & Oils For Hair Growth
- The 5 Best Natural Oils to Get Your Hair Growing
What is Laser Hair Growth FAQs
Do lasers really regrow hair?
Yes. Lasers can really regrow hair on the scalps of men and women. Laser caps that use these lasers are FDA-cleared to be safe and effective to use.
What is laser hair restoration?
Laser hair restoration is a process of using low level light therapy to restore the hair follicles on the scalp. This therapy stimulates blood flow in the scalp and encourages new hair growth and keeps existing hair follicles strong and healthy.
How long does hair grow after laser?
This depends on the person and how the scalp reacts to the treatment.