Ginger has been a star feature of traditional medicine treatments for centuries, and it is no wonder why. This beloved herb packs tremendous goodness, not only flavor-wise but also for your health and hair.
A few slices of this wonderful herb can help you achieve sustained hair growth naturally. It contains properties that can address hair issues and boost healthy and natural growth.
Although we recommend a laser hair cap to stimulate growth, this article will specifically discuss achieving hair growth with ginger.
How Does Ginger Help with Hair Growth?
Here are some of ways in which your hair can benefit from the use of ginger.
1.) Promotes the natural growth of hair
- For centuries, in both conventional and non-conventional places, ginger has been a customary ingredient of hair loss treatments. It promotes the natural growth of hair, although there is no scientific evidence to prove this fact.
2.) The roots contain essential vitamins and minerals
- The roots of ginger contain vitamins, phosphorous, potassium, and magnesium. These are essential nutrients because they give our hair follicles just the nourishment they need and thus prevent the onset of hair loss.
3.) Moisturizes the hair
- One of the main reasons why your hair begins to break is when it is dry and brittle. Dry hair is more vulnerable to breakage and thus needs natural conditioners such as ginger. Ginger replenishes the moisture in your hair, strengthening it against breakage.
4.) Contains anti-fungal elements
- The potent anti-fungal elements present in ginger help control dandruff in your hair and eventually curb hair loss.
5.) Improves circulation
- The active gingerol ingredient of ginger also works to relax your blood vessels and improve circulation. This means added nourishment for your hair follicles, resulting in better growth.
6.) Nourishes the hair
- Fatty acids are present in chains in ginger, including linoleic acid. These nourish your hair keeping it strong and healthy.
Achieving Hair Growth with Ginger
All the essential ingredients present in ginger are quite beneficial for your hair growth, but there is always a confusion of how to use the herb. Several remedies allow you to use ginger in a variety of ways for hair growth.
Many people turn to using ginger in powdered form, and while it may be convenient, it is not as empowering as fresh ginger. The root of fresh ginger packs more essential nutrients useful for hair care. Besides, powdered products of ginger may contain other chemicals, too, especially coloring agents that can leave an unbecoming tint in your hair.
Ginger for Hair Growth Remedies
1. Lemon Juice and Ginger
Lemon contains properties that boost your collagen, and if you combine it with ginger’s antimicrobial properties, you can imagine the successful result. The combination will replenish the pH of your scalp and give you good hair growth.
You will need
- sesame oil 3 tablespoons
- grated ginger 2 tablespoons
- lemon juice ½ tablespoon
Mix all these ingredients together until you achieve a consistent and fine paste. Then, apply the mixture to your scalp and hair and then let sit for 30-minutes. Proceed to rinse with shampoo and conditioner.
Doing this twice a week for a consistent period will bring you the desired results.
2. Ginger Paste
This is one of the simplest remedies for hair growth. Since fresh ginger has antimicrobial properties, this remedy goes a long way in providing your hair the nourishment it needs.
You will need:
- Grated ginger 2 tablespoons
Mix the grated ginger with enough water to make a slightly runny paste. Apply the paste to your scalp and hair and let it remain for approximately 30-45 minutes. Proceed to wash with water and shampoo. Apply this mixture twice every week for the best results.
3. Carrier Oil with Ginger
Carrier oils come with their own share of nourishing properties and are good conditioning options for your hair. You can choose any carrier oil you find best for your hair, such as coconut, jojoba, olive oil, etc.
For this remedy, you will need:
- Carrier oil 1 tablespoon
- Ginger Paste 1 tablespoon
Mix the carrier oil and ginger paste until evenly combined. Then massage the mixture deeply into your scalp and continue massaging for five minutes to regulate circulation. Allow the mixture to remain in your scalp and hair for at least thirty minutes before you proceed to wash.
Apply this mixture twice every week for the best results.
4. Moringa with Ginger
Moringa leaves are rich in magnesium, manganese, potassium, copper, iron, zinc, and calcium. They also contain high levels of vitamins K, E, D, and C. Your hair will also benefit tremendously from the antioxidants present in Moringa, making your hair damage-free and healthy.
For this hair care remedy, you will need:
- Water 2 cups
- Moringa leaves- a handful
- Grated ginger 1 tablespoon
You have to prepare this mixture by boiling the moringa leaves with the grated ginger in water. Let the mixture boil for five to ten minutes. Then allow them to cool before you strain it and transfer into a jug.
Then shampoo and deeply condition your hair and run the prepared mixture through your hair as the final rinse. This application is enough once every week to give you the desired results.
Hair growth takes time, so you can’t expect magical growth overnight. However, natural ingredients such as ginger are powerful boosters for hair growth. Not only does ginger aid in sustained natural growth of hair, but it also improves the quality, shine, and health of your hair overall.
Another way to achieve maximized hair growth results is to consider low level light therapy and a laser cap for natural, effortless hair growth. These caps can help regrow the hair on the scalp in as little as 4-months!