Hair loss is something that affects millions of people. For generations, people who were experiencing hair loss had no real choice other than to shrug their shoulders and accept their fate. Some chose to try to cover their hair loss with different styles, such as the famous – or in some cases infamous – comb-over, while others wore a lot of hats or even bought and used a toupee. During those times, even the thought of actual hair regrowth was unfathomable, but in recent years more research and advancement has made this achievement possible.
Kiierr is one of the world’s leaders in safe, efficient hair regrowth. We’ve innovated beyond many people’s wildest dreams, and below we’re going to provide you with a bit of an overview regarding the hair regrowth process, development, and industry. One thing we want you to remember is that as of 2020, yes, it is possible to experience true hair regrowth without having to undergo expensive and sometimes painful treatments.
Table of Contents
- 1 Why Am I Losing My Hair?
- 3 Can Hair Grow Back After Thinning?
- 4 The Best Hair Regrowth Products You Can Buy
- 5 DIY Hair Regrowth Options
- 6 How To Get Started With Your Hair Regrowth
- 7 Hair Regrowth FAQs
- 8 Is it possible to regrow hair?
- 9 What is the best treatment to regrow hair?
- 10 Are there pills to regrow hair?
- 11 How long will it take to regrow my hair?
Why Am I Losing My Hair?
The first question to consider with regards to hair regrowth is why you’re losing it in the first place. Generally speaking, hair follicles go through three phases in their life cycles, including:
- The Anagen Phase – Your hair grows an average of 1 cm per month, and this phase generally lasts between two and six years.
- The Catagen Phase – This is a transitional phase that lasts between two and three weeks. The follicle “renews itself” by being cut off from nourishment provided by blood and regrows.
- The Telogen Phase – When a hair follicle goes dormant, it can last for up to four months. For most people, 10 – 15 percent of their hair is in this phase. When too many follicles transition into the Telogen Phase, it can lead to hair loss.
Read More: Why Am I Losing My Hair?
What Causes Hair Loss?
That leads to the obvious question of what causes hair loss? There are a number of factors associated with what is commonly known as male/female pattern baldness or androgenetic alopecia, but perhaps the most prominent is Dihydrotestosterone, or DHT. If you have too much DHT in your body, it can basically kill off your hair follicles and lead to baldness in both men and women.
Types of Hair Loss
Everyone’s hair is different. From thick and log to thin and short, there is a wide spectrum of hair, and everyone’s hair grows a little differently. When it comes to hair loss, things can get equally complicated. While the spectrum for hair loss can be wide and varied as well, there are a few main categories that the types of hair loss generally fit into.
These types include:
- Male/female Pattern Baldness – usually associated with a receding hairline, starting from the front and working its way back.
- Alopecia Areata – an autoimmune condition that can catch patches of hair to stop growing. This can affect the hair on your head, as well as on areas of your body.
- Telogen Effluvium – occurs when the hair follicles on the scalp enter the final stage of the hair growth cycle but don’t proceed to the next growth phase. As a result, thinning may be noticed in different areas of the head.
- Anagen Effluvium – This type of hair loss is most associated with medical treatments like chemotherapy. Typically, the hair loss only occurs during the treatments, and the hair grows back when the treatment ends.
- Scarring Alopecia – a rare type of hair loss that occurs due to inflammatory skin conditions and disorders that destroy hair follicles. The follicles can be replaced with scar tissue that stops the hair from growing back.
Each presents its own unique set of characteristics and challenges, and Kiierr presents a full breakdown of each here: Types of Hair Loss and Their Causes.
- Read also: Hair Loss in Men vs. Women
Can Hair Grow Back After Thinning?
One of the most obviously popular questions with regards to hair loss and hair regrowth is whether or not regrowth is really possible after any of the processes above have begun. The short answer is yes, it is certainly possible.
Hair Regrowth Options
Well, if hair regrowth is possible, what are the options? If you’ve done any searching online, you’ll notice that there are TONS of different products and services that claim that they have the best cure for hair loss. Be leery, not all options are created equal, and not all products are actually the real deal.
If you’re serious about undertaking your hair regrowth journey, here are five solutions you will likely come across over and over in your research:
- Laser Hair Growth Treatment and Laser Caps – hats or caps, like the Kiierr Laser Hair Cap System, that is embedded with Low-Level Light Therapy (LLLT) laser diodes that stimulate your hair follicles and enable them to continue in their normal hair growth cycle.
- Hair Transplant – exactly what it sounds like, a hair transplant is a surgical procedure that takes skin and hair follicles from an area that has healthy hair growth, and replaces the area that has lost its hair growth potential. Often after a hair transplant, the surgeon may suggest Laser Caps or LLLT to help strengthen the new hair.
- Scalp Reduction – similar to a hair transplant, the part of the skin that no longer supports hair growth is removed, but the healthy skin around it is then stretched to try to cover the affected area. This usually helps to shrink the area affected, but not completely renew it.
- High-Tech Hair Growth Treatment – a more involved treatment that may include a combination of platelet replacement therapy and micro-needling. This treatment may also be accompanied by Minoxidil treatment.
- Minoxidil or Finasteride – perhaps the only two FDA-approved, non-prescription medications for hair growth. These medications are usually applied topically, but require consistent effort as the stopping of use can also cause your hair to return to its thin state.
To learn more about these hair regrowth options, read more here: Top 5 Hair Growth Options.
Of course, you can also see a trichologist, which is a doctor who understands and studies the scalp and hair regrowth to put together a plan of your own. That plan could even include taking some natural steps at home such as with your diet that we’ll cover below.
The Best Hair Regrowth Products You Can Buy
If you don’t want to spend the money, effort, and time working with a trichologist on a plan for medical treatments, there are lots of options out there you can try to jumpstart your hair regrowth. From things you eat to things you wear, Here are some of the hair regrowth products you can buy that we recommend you take a look at.
Laser Hair Caps for Low-Level Light Therapy
The first one we’d like to mention is Kiierr’s LLLT, or Low-level Light Therapy. What is LLLT? It’s a technology that stimulates hair regrowth in a soothing and comforting way by wearing something simple and inconspicuous, like a ballcap. Low-level light therapy has rapidly evolved into one of the fastest growing hair regrowth favorites for its ease of use and cost effectiveness compared to other treatment options.
Read more about Low-level Light Therapy: Low-level Laser Light Therapy (LLLT) for Hair Growth.
There are hundreds of people who have found success regrowing their hair with Kiierr’s Laser Hair Cap System. By just wearing a ball cap for thirty minutes every other day while you go about your business, you are guaranteed to see results in your hair growth in just seven months! In no time, your hair will grow back thicker and healthier than it has in years.
Other Hair Growth Products
In addition to direct treatments like a laser hair cap, you can also support your hair regrowth by adding other hair growth products into your normal daily routine. From replacing what you wash your hair with to adding a vitamin to your diet, you can give your body what it needs to support the regrowth of your hair.
Some options that we’ve studied and can recommend for you to consider are listed below:
- DHT Blocking Shampoo – shampoos that are specially formulated to combat the effects of Dihydrotestosterone, or DHT. By blocking a known cause of hair, you can support the natural regrowth of your hair.
- Conditioner for Hair Growth – the perfect pairing with the DHT blocking shampoo, conditioner for hair growth contains active ingredients that speed up cell renewal, while revitalizing and restoring brilliance and hair strength.
- Hair Regrowth Supplements – your diet plays an enormous role in your hair growth. Hair regrowth supplements, like Kiierr’s DHT blocking vitamins, can both combat the causes of hair loss, and promote the regrowth of strong, healthy hair.
- Biotin Gummies – research has shown that having a deficiency in biotin leads to hair loss. Biotin gummies can provide the body with what it needs for strong hair and nails.
- Essential Oils – touted as an at-home remedy for all sorts of ailments, some essential oils really can help to support hair regrowth.
While everyone is different, these products have shown some promise for many who have used them. We encourage you to give them a try. Let us know what you think!
DIY Hair Regrowth Options
If you’re generally a DIY type of person, then you’re in luck! There are several DIY options for hair regrowth and stimulation. As is always the case, the Kiierr team has looked into several options and outlined the ones that we think might be worth a try.
Take an in-depth look at some of the substances and recipes that could work for you right here: DIY Hair Growth.
A few examples of some solid ideas for DIY hair regrowth include:
- Hair Growth Masks – much like a face mask, a hair growth mask uses the same principle to apply a topical mixture into the hair and scalp to promote hair growth. These can be made with ingredients from the store, such as avocados, coconut, honey, cinnamon, or bananas.
- Onion Juice – when you bought that juicer, you probably didn’t think you’d be juicing your onions. But using onion juice is one of the most effective DIY hair growth methods out there. Filled with antioxidants and other unique nutrients, onion juice can be a powerful hair regrowth support.
- Garlic – garlic can help increase circulation, strengthen the scalp, and increase collagen production. The garlic is usually combined with a carrier oil or substance in order to apply topically on the affected areas.
- Stinging Nettle Root – while the leaves of stinging nettle can cause a burning rash on the skin, the roots are packed with vitamins and nutrients that promote hair regrowth.
Take a look at these ideas and possible strategies for hair regrowth, as you never know what may work for you.
Diet for Hair Regrowth
Like almost every health condition and their solutions, diet can play a major role in both hair loss and hair regrowth. A healthy diet is one sure way to give your body what it needs to support hair regrowth, especially in combination with other treatments.
While incorporating a vitamin or supplement in your routine is an easy way to ensure your body gets what it needs, there are other, most tasty ways to get your vitamins as part of your normal meal schedule.
The team at Kiierr has put together some recipes for you to try that you just might love! Check them out below:
- Smoothies – From peanut butter and banana shakes to the classic green smoothie, these takes on a delicious staple also include supporting vitamins and nutrients for hair regrowth.
- Rice Water – while you normally rinse your rice to remove the starch and “dust” before cooking, what’s left in the water can actually be hugely beneficial. Whether adding it to your shakes or putting directly into your hair, rice water can be a solid DIY solution that can be created while you’re making your normal meals.
How To Get Started With Your Hair Regrowth
No one knows your scalp better than you, so as soon as you start wondering about whether you’re beginning to experience hair loss, you should schedule an appointment with a dermatologist. If it turns out that yes, you are losing your hair, then it’s better to do something about it sooner rather than later, as it’s much easier to reverse the trend in the early stages.. The earlier you start with any hair regrowth approach, the better your chances for positive results.
One of the most reliable and cost-effective methods of promoting hair regrowth is a laser hair growth cap. Kiierr’s industry-leading solution can be used in conjunction with other hair regrowth treatments, so you won’t have to make a difficult choice when deciding how to proceed. Our hair regrowth experts can help you decide which model works best for you.
Hair Regrowth FAQs
Is it possible to regrow hair?
Yes. It is possible to regrow hair by using the proper treatment methods.
What is the best treatment to regrow hair?
One of the best treatments to regrow hair is using a laser cap. This FDA-cleared medical device is clinically proven to regrow hair on the scalps of men and women.
Are there pills to regrow hair?
Yes there are pills to regrow hair. DHT-blocking vitamins are in pill form and made from all natural ingredients to combat your hair loss condition.
How long will it take to regrow my hair?
It depends entirely on the individual and the severity of their hair loss.